Why this Program?
This program is aimed at professionals starting their Lean journey. It has been developed for all employees from organizations across the municipal sector including fleet services, permit applications, payroll, human resources, IT, etc. Here are some of the reasons why organizations have taken our program:
- Developed and delivered by Lean for Municipalities experts.
- Qualification in 8 hours or less.
- A cost-effective way of establishing a basic understanding and awareness of Lean across a large team.
- Specifically developed for municipal environments.
- Provides a foundation to build a culture of Lean across the organization.
- Flexibility to complete within 1 month.
Who is this program for?
This program is aimed at professionals starting their Lean journey. It has been developed for all employees from organizations across the municipal sector including fleet services, permit applications, payroll, human resources, IT, etc
Program content & structure
The Lean for Municipalities White Belt program is made up of four courses. Upon completion, participants will receive a Lean for Municipalities White Belt certificate. The following provides a sample of content areas covered.
An Introduction to Lean
- What is Lean and why apply it?
- Goals and origins of Lean
- Application of Lean in municipalities
Lean Principles, Value and Waste
- Lean principles
- Value stream, flow, pull, and perfection
- Municipalities and waste
- Value and activities
Applying Lean in Municipalities
- Key issues in municipalities
- Cost, quality and delivery
- Creating value by managing processes
Introduction to Lean Tools and Practices
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) overview
- Defining the problem
- Lean improvement events
- Root Cause Analysis
- Waste identification in Lean
Learn from leaders
Callie is a Lean leader with 20 years’ experience in the fields of strategy deployment, continuous improvement, change management, business process efficiency and human resources. As well as delivering Belt training and coaching, Callie specializes in in strategy organizational design, and governance structures. Sample clients include City of Mississauga; Northumberland County; City of Richmond Hill and Town of Paradise, among others.
Program fees & enrolment
The program fees per region are outlined below. All prices are exclusive of tax.
Visit our learning platform, LearnUpon, to book and pay for your online training course and get started today.
Get in touch
Get in touch with John to discuss any queries about the course or to enrol and arrange payment.
Please choose your currency
To book your place, please select the relevant currency. You will then be directed to our elearning platform.