Garry is a process improvement professional with over 25 years’ combined experience working across a variety of industries, including municipalities, health, food, construction and services. With a solid foundation in industrial engineering, Garry has enhanced his considerable experience with continuous improvement (CI) and business strategy deployment techniques.
From leading strategic consulting projects to developing and delivering CI training, Garry has acted as both coach and mentor to cross functional teams to accomplish synergies of purpose and destination.
Prior to joining the Leading Edge Group team, Garry was manager of continuous improvement at Tim Hortons Inc., where he worked seamlessly with all levels of management up to COO and collaborated with all functional departments to navigate strategic projects to successful completion.
Garry has led a large number of CI projects to identify process waste using value stream mapping; SMED; TPM; 5S; bottleneck elimination and process variation. Sample projects include:
- CI review, analysis and recommendations for an improved future state at a vaccination distribution centre.
- Coordination, implementation and completion of an administrative services review and design of a new or revised model to improve all administration functions across a community-based health and social services agency.
- Developed a streamlined program for a construction planning and development department to reduce project duration and make efficiencies to site operations.
The following are examples of client organizations that Garry has supported:
- Northumberland County
- Town of Paradise
- City of Kitchener
- City of Vaughan
- Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa
- Turning Point Youth Services
- Rideauwood Addictions and Family Services
- Ottawa Public Health
- Middlesex-London Health Unit