Dwight is a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with over 20 years’ experience. His Lean expertise is complemented by experience drawn from working across finance; sales; learning & development and supply chain management. Dwight has held lead roles in the deployment of Lean transformations at Cardinal Health and Novo Nordisk. He now leverages his expertise as a Lean consultant delivering efficiencies to a variety of organizations.
Dwight has a B.Sc. in Mathematics and Computer Science from the University of the West Indies, as well as an MBA in Finance from the Schulich School of Business. Dwight has utilized his Lean process improvement skills to enhance complex, cross-functional business processes which impact quality and customer satisfaction. He has a passion for problem solving and uses humour to engage staff and management in leveraging Lean tools to implement high-impact solutions.
Dwight has led major Lean initiatives to enhance operational efficiency, compliance and safety. He has also ignited cultural transformations by encouraging staff and senior leaders to embrace Lean principles. The following are examples of key accomplishments:
- Enhanced employee engagement, increasing approval ratings to over 80% through training and certifying staff as Lean project leaders
- Delivered 40 hours of productivity gains monthly by streamlining the distribution of drug samples to physicians, improving satisfaction rating for the process across a pharmaceutical sales team
- Defined a roadmap to reduce process lead times for implantable devices by 23% and achieve over 10,000 hours of annualized productivity savings at a Toronto-based hospital.
- Reduced cycle time for annual business planning by 27%
- Redesigned inbound logistics processes at a 350,000 sq. ft. distribution centre, streamlining work flow across three shifts, reducing cycle times by 66%