Why this program?
Over 10,000 health professionals from major organizations such as Toronto Public Health and Vancouver Coastal Health have successfully completed our Lean Healthcare Belt Programs. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Developed & delivered by Lean Healthcare Experts & Accomplished Clinical Experts.
- Apply-it-now approach generates immediate benefits.
- Qualification in 20 hours or less.
- Custom built for the entire health sector, including real world examples and health sector case studies.
- Flexibility to complete within 2 months.
Who is this program for?
This program is aimed at health professionals such as Quality Administrators, Registered Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Laboratory Technologists and Program Managers from organizations across the health sector including hospitals, health authorities, mental health and addictions, youth services, long term care, public and community health.
Program content & structure
The Lean Healthcare Yellow program is made up of eight courses. The program also consists of a multiple-choice exam online.
An Introduction to Lean
- What is Lean and why apply it?
- Goals and origins of Lean
- Application of Lean in healthcare
- A Lean improvement system
- Lean and continuous improvement
- Lean principles
- Value stream, flow, pull, and perfection in healthcare
- Creating value in healthcare
Applying Lean in Healthcare
- Key issues in healthcare
- Healthcare cost, quality, and value
- Creating value by managing processes
- Scope of Lean application in healthcare
- Healthcare and waste overview
- The concept of value in Lean
- Lean classification of wastes and Gemba walk
- Identifying waste across healthcare systems
Lean Healthcare Tools and Practices
- Kanban, POUS, Spaghetti Diagrams, and Standard Work
- Introduction to value stream mapping
- Applying 5S in healthcare
- Visual management in healthcare
The Kaizen Approach to Healthcare
- Types and impact of Kaizen
- Kaizen rules and events
- Kaizen implementation in healthcare
- Toward a Kaizen culture
PDSA and A3 Thinking in Lean Healthcare
- Lean and PDSA
- Introduction to A3 and A3 process
- Team communication
- Project management for team members
Problem Solving in Lean Healthcare
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Cause and effect diagram and 5 Whys
- Brainstorming and SCAMPER
- Force field analysis and countermeasures
Learn From Leaders
Janine is a Lean Black Belt practitioner with 20 plus years expertise designing and implementing process/system improvements. She has significant experience in Lean deployment across the health sector with a focus on transactional/administrative processes. Janine is known for her ability to build and implement cross functional processes and systems through developing effective relationships and utilizing superior knowledge transfer techniques. Sample clients and partners include Ontario Public Health Association; Thunder Bay District Health Unit; Humber River Hospital; Baycrest Health Services; Halton Region Health Department and Brant County District Health Unit.
Program fees & enrolment
The program fees per region are outlined below. All prices are exclusive of tax.
Visit our learning platform, LearnUpon, to book and pay for your online training course and get started today.
Get in touch
Get in touch with John to discuss any queries about the course or to enrol and arrange payment.
Please choose your currency
To book your place, please select the relevant currency. You will then be directed to our elearning platform.
What our learners say
Thank you for this great learning opportunity. It has provided knowledge and the necessary tools to help create positive, lasting change in the healthcare sector.
I thought the course was very well done. The content was good and it really helped to illustrate the concepts. I feel I am ready to take on the Lean challenge!