Why this program?
Over 10,000 health professionals from major organizations such as Extendicare, Toronto Public Health and Vancouver Coastal Health have successfully completed our Lean Healthcare Belt Programs. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Developed & delivered by Lean Healthcare Experts & Accomplished Clinical Experts.
- Qualification in 8 hours or less.
- A cost-effective way of establishing a basic understanding and awareness of Lean across a large team.
- Aligned with ISO 18404 standards.
- Provides a foundation to build a culture of Lean across the organization.
- Flexibility to complete within 1 month.
Who is this program for?
This program is aimed at health professionals starting their Lean journey including Administrative Assistants, Quality Administrators, Research/Business Analysts, Public Health Dieticians/Nutritionists, Health Policy Specialists, Registered Nurses and Physicians from organizations across the health sector including hospitals, health authorities, mental health and addictions, youth services, long term care, public and community health.
Program content & structure
The Lean Healthcare White Belt program is made up of four courses. Upon completion, participants will receive a Lean Healthcare White Belt certificate.
An Introduction to Lean
- What is Lean and why apply it?
- Goals and origins of Lean
- Application of Lean in healthcare
- A Lean improvement system
- Lean and continuous improvement
- Lean principles
- Value stream, flow, pull, and perfection in healthcare
- Creating value in healthcare
Applying Lean in Healthcare
- Key issues in healthcare
- Healthcare cost, quality, and value
- Creating value by managing processes
- Scope of Lean application in healthcare
- Healthcare and waste overview
- The concept of value in Lean
- Lean classification of wastes and Gemba walk
- Identifying waste across healthcare systems
Learn from leaders
Dwight is a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with over 20 years experience across healthcare, pharmaceuticals, retail, medical devices and logistics with a focus on administrative as well as operational processes. He has held lead roles in the deployment of Lean Six Sigma transformations at Cardinal Health and Novo Nordisk.
Dwight has utilized his Lean Six Sigma process improvement skills to enhance complex, cross-functional business processes that impact quality and customer satisfaction. He has a passion for problem solving and uses humour to engage staff and management in leveraging Lean Six Sigma tools to implement high impact solutions. Clients and partners include Nova Scotia Health Authority; Diabetes Canada; AstraZeneca; Unisource and Eli Lilly.
Program fees & enrolment
The program fees per region are outlined below. All prices are exclusive of tax.
Visit our learning platform, LearnUpon, to book and pay for your online training course and get started today.
Get in touch
Get in touch with John to discuss any queries about the course or to enrol and arrange payment.
Please choose your currency
To book your place, please select the relevant currency. You will then be directed to our elearning platform.