€100m Agri-Food Sector Fund Now Live
The agri-food sector is Ireland’s most valuable indigenous industry, is a highly valued part of the economy, and a key contributor to economic growth and employment opportunities. However, this sector is facing critical challenges due to Brexit, COVID 19, and trade uncertainty.
The announcement of the new €100m Capital Investment Scheme is to enhance the operational capabilities of food processing companies through product and market diversification strategies to secure a higher value add revenue stream through innovation and implementation.
The scheme is funded by the Department for Agriculture, Food and the Marine and the Department for Enterprise, Trade, and Employment. The closing date for applications is Thursday the 15th of April 2021.
Leading Edge Group has the in-house expertise to support agri-food companies in the completion of the Fund application process, detailed as follows:
Training and Advisory
Development of a Business case/ business plan
- Feasibility study on production/development of new and/or improved higher value add products and/or production processes required to reach new markets.
- Target Market Analysis study
- Development of product and/or market diversification strategy – supported by the relevant market, customer, and technical data.
- Sales Pipeline Development
- Market Entry / Market Diversification Strategy development and deployment
- Company sustainability strategy/plan development.
- Environmental Impact assessment
- Current supply chain environmental performance assessment
- Impact of the project on the supply chain, including impact on levels of production.
- Impact of the project on supply chain environmental performance
Business Resilience Assessment
- Supply Chain Risk assessment ( Internal and External Factors)
- Trading Risk Assessment ( Internal and External Factors)