A Resource recovery and sustainable energy provider: Delivery of Lean Transform Program with focus on Operational Excellence
A Lean Transform across various sections of the business was put in place to develop standard management processes and a change in behaviors which delivered €7m savings.
Leading Edge Group provided the following service:
- Opportunities for Improvement
- Deployed 5S
- Implemented a system to ensure timely delivery of critical information.
- Coached management and staff in effectiveness
- Established a standardized CI funnel process
- Implemented consistent processes to cascade the 5 year strategic objectives throughout the business
2. Team Initiatives
- Developed governance plan for each business unit
- Organized the business unit locations into 214 5S zones
- New model of management systems using Visual Management boards and Leader Standard Work
- New meeting process
- Rolled out Hoshin Planning process
3. Team Engagement and Commitment
- The team was strategically positioned to operate in the business team but reporting to Head of Business Transformation
- Training and coaching the area and zone leaders to give them tools and knowledge
- Facilitated regular Lean steering group meetings in each Business Unit
We identified opportunities for improvement in working practices through a series of facilitated executive alignment workshops and subsequent execution. These workshops developed strategic breakthrough objectives cascaded down to action plans to ensure that there was accountability for the program at all management levels. Other benefits included reduction in maintenance times; visual management boards to improve transparency; continuous reviews led to accountability by the managers, resulting in the delivery of agreed KPIs and timely completion of actions/tasks.